Exploring the art and science of
Employee Investment Optimization
- September 28, 2021On April 29, 2021, the Ontario COVID-19 Worker Income Benefit came into effect and the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA) was amended. Paid infectious disease emergency leave will now continue until December 31, 2021.
- September 22, 2021Please find below the latest update for Minimum Wage increases across Canada. The RCC (Retail Council of Canada) has a map with all current and upcoming minimum wage increases by province and territory.
- August 27, 2021In June, Ottawa declared September 30 a federal statutory holiday to give public servants an opportunity to recognize the legacy of residential schools.
- July 1, 2021The global pandemic forced employees out of brick-and-mortar offices and into virtual meetings and coffee and water dispensers have been replaced with Slack and Monday messages. This is the new normal for thousands of businesses (and their employees) around the world.
- June 1, 2021The highs and lows companies have experienced due to COVID-19 has forced managers to adapt to new ways of doing things in order to keep employees engages during these uncertain times. The best leaders understand that their organization is the sum of their human capital—so what ways can your organization ensure your employees are taken care of this year?
- May 3, 2021The Ontario Government recently passed the COVID-19 Putting Workers First Act.
- April 22, 2021Toronto and Peel have been heavily impacted by the pandemic, and workplace spread of the virus is impacting families, as essential workers are getting sick at work and are infecting their households.
- April 19, 2021The Ontario government began targeted provincewide inspections of construction sites on April 16, 2021, dispatching 200 workplace inspectors, supported by provincial offenses officers, to visit 1,300 constructions sites to enforce safety requirements.
- April 15, 2021With the pandemic spanning over a year now, many new rules and expectations have been put together by the government to ensure that companies are keeping their employees as safe as possible from catching and spreading COVID-19.
- April 1, 2021What major factors should HR managers look at when designing a training program for employees within their organization?
- March 9, 2021The global lockdown caused by COVID19 in the first quarter of 2020 meant that companies were forced to adjust to their employees working remotely, an idea at which, just a decade ago, most employers balked.
- February 2, 2021When an employee must self-isolate due to a suspected or confirmed positive COVID-19, not only will they worry about their health, they’ll worry about their job and wages.
- January 28, 2021The province-wide lockdown that began on December 26, 2020 has forced many businesses to close their doors or significantly restrict their services.
- January 27, 2021Working At Heights training is mandatory for employees working on construction projects and need to use fall protection devices.
- January 19, 2021Do you still have employees on temporary layoffs or working with reduced hours due to COVID-19?
- January 7, 20212020 was a challenging year to navigate the constantly changing policies and procedures to stay compliant and keep employees and customers safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- December 1, 2020The new Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) is being introduced to provide rent relief for businesses...
- November 19, 2020The new Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) is being introduced to provide rent relief for businesses...
Talk to an EIO Expert!
Book a free consultation using the form below to find out how your employee investments can be optimized!